Friday, March 30, 2012

Color block spring top



Okay, I've put aside my sewing-for-me hang ups and made a shirt for Rae's Spring Top Sewalong.


I drafted the pattern myself and used these great rayon/spandex knits.  The black one is from the April Johnson for Project Runway line at Joann's.  Do I feel facier that I was sewing with PR fabric?  Yup!


I get bored with the plain t-shirt and jeans option, but never feel like I find interesting shirts in my price range.  This color block option feels just interesting enough (without the "what were you thinking?" piece).


And, if you were wondering what the back looks like (or what I would look like being frisked), here it is!

Look for me in the Spring Top Photo Pool!

Wishing you the courage to tackle a new project!


2 comments:

Alexandrite Woman said...

That is absolutely beautiful! Nice job! You really are inspiring. I'm still leery of sewing with a knit fabric. If I could make something as wonderful as yours, I'd love to try. Thanks.

Cindy said...

Wow! This shirt is a great way to dress up some jeans. Well done Roselee! You are giving me the itch to get back into sewing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...