Monday, March 12, 2012

Hello, yellow! (spring bag - just for me!)

I wish I were a more successful clothing sewist - then I could be whipping up skirts and shirts for this lovely spring weather.  However, a new spring bag doesn't require fitting tricky curves - it just looks great!
 
I love the combination of this mustardy yellow (with a tinge of green), black, gray and pops of red.
 
 And this button!  I think it's the perfect soft accent for this geometric print.
 
Interior zip pocket (do you know these are actually really easy to make?  I never knew!) and blue dot coordinating lining fabric.
 And these pleats!  I love the double stitching on them - so crisp like the springy air today.

Wishing you something fresh and bold today.


5 comments:

Ruby said...

Love it!

Love, Mindy said...

That is so cute! Did you use a pattern or make it up?

Roselee said...

The pattern is Simplicity 2685. Same as the giveaway bag. I love the patterns but the bags are quite big! I think I could tote my 2 1/2 year old in it! :)

Love, Mindy said...

Thank you! I'm going to check it out! Your fabric is darling!!! Thanks for sharing. : )

ChrisW Designs said...

Gorgeous bag!! I can't wait to add you to the bag Lovin Blog Hop once you have completed your entry! :) Christine

- ChrisW Designs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...