Thursday, February 16, 2012

Home sewing versus Target...

In preparation for an upcoming trip, I was looking for a project that would yield a large, all-purpose tote equally fitted for the airplane and the beach.  I was excited to try this bag from Liberty Book of Home Sewing



While it is very versatile, I had to draw the pattern myself, it takes a whole yard of fabric and doesn't have a zipper.

Enter Target dollar spot: for $2.50, I found this bag.  Long handles, zipper, and made from waterproof material.



How can a home sewist compete with that?!



2 comments:

plainjanesews said...

oh that target bag is super cute, but i love the fabric of your bag. when i am tempted to buy something like that I think of the the poor girl in a third world country forced sew 16 hrs a day instead of going to school to tempt us with these shiny glittery things... It almost always helps me pass and choose the handmade, more expensive most likely higher quality handmade option.

A Momma said...

So, so true. We can't compete with that. I buy stuff like that all the time, annoyed that it is so cheap and great. Target is FULL of stuff like that. I just have to avoid the store altogether if I have a project I'm working on so I don't get annoyed if I find it cheaper there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...