Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Living with Punks floor cushion - with homemade piping



With bias tape and now piping on the brain, I've been collecting ideas and projects perfect for utilizing both.  I loved this one from Living with Punks - a Land of Nod knock off floor cushion.   So...when I was in Joann's last weekend with 50% off their red tag, I couldn't pass up this faux cream leather and faux turquoise suede!



I opted for the fabric covered button accent to give it a bit more pop.


And altered the pattern a bit to include a side zipper.  MUCH easier to stuff and then close with a zipper (the tutorial has you handstitch closed - this material is a bit thick for handstitching).  On that note, I did really like the look of the handle, but was having a very hard time sewing with all the layers of piping and faux leather.  My "be kind to self" mantra kicked in and I threw the handle in the trash.  Oh well. 


I think the cushion was well-received despite the missing handle. 


What do you think?


Just a few more days to enter the Mirabelle Messenger Bag pattern GIVEAWAY!

 
 

4 comments:

RyanSarahN said...

Such a great idea to use faux leather; I've got to go fabric shopping now! ;) Thanks for sharing.

Cinder Runner said...

Do you happen to have the tutorial? Living with Punks is gone....sad

Unknown said...

I came here to say this! I made this years ago but didn't save a pattern, ugh!

Unknown said...

Found it!

https://diyhsh.com/floor-cushion-from-1-yard-of-fabric/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...