Sunday, June 3, 2012

Steph in the City Bag - pattern testing (or, my super preppy summer bag!)



Recently, I was asked to test a new pattern from Emmaline Bags.  All of the bags from Janelle's shop are lovely, and it was so fun to try out a new pattern - the Steph in the City Bag.


It was the first time I had sewn a zipper closure to a bag, and her instructions walked me right through.  I love it so much, every time I walked by the bag, I would stop to zip and unzip it (how corny!).


Love the little zip tab - reminds me of another bag lady by the name of Vera Bradley.  


The bag has a belt that cinches up the top a bit to give it the lovely rounded shape - and just the right amount of hardware to make it interesting.
 

And, an interior zip pocket which is my new favorite.  Following Janelle's directions, mine came out a bit more polished than past attempts.

The pattern gives you different options for closures, interior pockets, hardware and exterior.  Plus, you can use a variety of fabrics for different looks.  One awesome pattern, so many different looks - this could take you through every season!  Check out Emmaline Bags for ideas (I am in love with the gray tweed one).

So....my question for you is this: would you rather enter a giveway for the bag, the pattern, or both?
Leave a comment and let me know - I'll be back soon with some free goodies!

And, if you haven't checked out the online scavenger hunt, WAHM Safari, yet, head on over - it's a lot of fun and Laurie is offering over $1300. total in prizes!


Wishing you some fun and luck today!


5 comments:

LisaRae said...

I love the green material you used for this bag, I had to comment on it as soon as it came up in my newsfeed!

Amy said...

I don't sew, so I would prefer to win something that's ready to use.

Megan said...

The bag!! :)

Cheryl said...

I like to sew and also love your bag colors so I'd be happy with both!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the bag you made...especially that green fabric, but could also see making another in different colors for a change of pace, so I'd be happy with either and/or both!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...